GDPR is a very big deal and it will start to take effect from 25th of May 2018, and everyone should be prepared and ready for it, This data protection regulation has both legal and technical sides, and measures should be done in both sides, we don’t offer legal work for it but EasyAds is well prepared technically speaking.
The EU General Data Protection Regulation has some main bullet points to take into consideration and all of those are already done in EasyAds starting with version 1.4:
- Right to be Forgotten : All customers have the ability to delete their account permanently, including all their content and media from account info area.
- Data Portability : All customers have the ability from various areas of the application to export their data into a friendly CSV files that will show them what data is stored from that particular section of EasyAds.
- Privacy by Design : By default, EasyAds has many and many features to protect data of all customers, including users groups for restricted access to admin dashboard and security manager extension for keeping track of all security attacks, flaws and issues.
- Right to Access/Rectification : All customers have access any time to their account on EasyAds and the ability to modify their information in the application.
- Age Requirements : All customers have in the account info section the Birthday information, as well as on the join form as a required field and it’s set to not allow any minors to join EasyAds platform unless they are 18 years old and above.
- Breach Notification : As an admin of EasyAds application, you have access to all the accounts emails to send a mass notification informing about the breach of data.
- Terms and conditions consent : All customers on Join form will need to opt-in to accept the terms and conditions the admin sets from the settings of the application.
GDPR also applies to the existing customers you have and in case they do not meet the above requirements, you will have to send them a re-consent email to ask them if they still want to hear back from you and if they don’t, then remove them from your database.
GDPR itself is a very complex topic, please make sure you get in touch with a lawyer related to how GDPR applies to the business you are running, in case you have any questions/doubts/etc.
While EasyAds offers you the tools to be compliant, it is entirely up to you to do so.